- Approx 500 grams of Pumpkin (Butternut, Bright Yellow, Japanese)
- 500ml’s of Canned Tomato Juice
- 1 Teapsoon of Sugar (Raw)
- 2 x Stock Cubes (Chicken or Vegie)
- Half an Onion
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 2 x Bay Leaves
- Cream (Approx half a cup)
- 2 x tablespoons of parsley
Peel the pumpkin and cut into chunk sized pieces. Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker (except for the parsley and cream) along with 8 cups of water.
Cook for around 4 hours on high in the slow cooker.
Remove the Bay leaves and blend the contents of slow cooker, then return to slow cooker to reheat.
Upon serving, add cream and sprinkle with parsley. Mmmm delicious!