If you are a runner it is very motivating to have a play list of songs that can help you get into the zone and forget about anything but running for a time. Music can help get you into the mood and provide motivation and focus for you when you are running. Having a running play list is very important.
Here are a few suggestions and added to that is my running play list as well. These running playlists are approximately forty minutes long and can motivate you through that time.
Country Running Play List
The Country list is a little calmer and just fun. The lyrics are a bit funny and can keep a smile on your face while you run. This can be very motivating to many runners and give them the motivation they need.
- Buick City by Whitey Morgan
- Camouflage by Brad Paisley
- What are We Waiting For? By the Yayhoos
- Here for a Good Time by George Strait
- All My Rowdy Friends are Coming over tonight by Hank Williams Jr.
- Lonesome by Cory Morgan
- Good Luck and True Love by Reckless Kelly
- Just Good Ole Boys by Moe Brandy
- Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood
- Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
- Blue Collar King
- It Happens by Sugarland
Rock Running Playlists
This is a very high energy mix and it will motivate you to run faster and give you more energy. If you prefer a high energy mix then the rock mix definitely has more energy.
- What I’ve Done by Linkin Park
- We’re not Going to Take it by Twisted Sister
- Viva la Vida by Coldplay
- Another World by Gallery
- Animal I have Become by Three Days Gone
- Burn it to the Ground by Nickleback
- Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes
- Enter Sandman by Metallica
- You Really Get Me by Van Halen
My Running Play list
This list is designed for calm and then a blast of energy. I prefer to have a mixture as I use this time to both relax and get my cardio for the day. Even though some people only prefer high energy songs I like to have both while I run.
- The Dance by Garth Brooks
- Figured You Out by Nickleback
- Eyes Open by Taylor Swift
- Rumor Has It by Adele
- Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean
- Everybody wants to go to Heaven by Kenny Chesney
- Super Bass by Nicki Minaj
- You and Me by Life House
- Set Fire to the Rain by Adele
- Superman by Eminem
A running play list helps gives you something to concentrate on and push you past the pain. Running can be great cardio. You can incorporate all your favorite songs into your list. It can be a list that changes as time goes by and your taste in music changes. You can use these lists or make your own.
You can also have more than one list if you run more than forty minutes.
If you want some ideas, feel free to let us know in the comments section below…